by Spanish architects Diego Duran and Juan Caballero, it was constructed
between 1751 and 1758. The church construction and decor was largely
financed by Don Jose de la Borda who eventually donated the church
to the town of Taxco. The construction costs almost bankrupted the
private sacristy of the church is just as impressive as the main
area; filled with beautiful paintings and gold-covered carvings.